Leather sheen, patent finish, embossed texture, floral party, colour blocking, stripes mania, monochrome madness, glitterati and coral power. All of everything in one roof. Yes the exclusive SS14 range of ALDO has it all.
The A-list event of ALDO was an eye opener; it was enthralling to see the SS14 range of bags, shoes and accessories.
The fun factor of the event was the decor and at the same time being part of the event, people were enjoying the selfie attention board, food, the champagne was flowing and strawberries was just like the icing on the cake. I was in my world and enjoying every bit of the event.
It was amazing to see how magnificently designers have worked on this new trend. The accessories on display and every pair of shoes were narrating a success story.
My favourite piece of an item was embellished gold and silver detail clutch bags. A perfect piece for evening dinner and cocktail nights to embrace the attire. The vibrant shades of sunglasses are just way too perfect to lift up the mood of any occasion and events, whether it’s a beach party, fashion events or casual formal days. Cat eye, aviators and big shades…the variety is a long list.
My eyes got stuck on the beautiful necklaces and earrings sets. With the right aesthetic and colour combination, the jewellery bejewelled its presence. WOW!
Always being a huge fan of ALDO, it was a heart warming experience to meet the staff and people behind the success.
Style tip: The drama can be added by just combining the ALDO embossed texture heels with a fitted LBD.
Enjoy the summer and indulge yourself with the luxury of ALDO SS14 collection.
Special thanks to the ALDO manager Dena (ALDO Highcross Leicester)
L’Occitane – Botanical Paradise
Rose petal, silky smooth, satin finish, Shea butter fineness, velvet touch, and a radiant texture :). Who doesn’t imagine a dream come true picture perfect skin.??
Well, the story starts here…
I was recently invited in a L’Occitane special brand event. My first impressions, I can proudly say it was one of the best customer service I received. It’s not only the customer service, the people in the store genuinely care and what amazed me is how uniquely L’Occitane have tailored skincare for every individual. While going through their products, chatting with people about the various skincare brands and skin problems, I realised that a race of too many skincare companies has been going on from a long time. Nowadays it literally feels like a “fish market” meeting the beauty industry.
With above everything and clearing the entire chemical aside, the French brand L’Occitane has proven its point with natural beauty products. It’s surprising to see so many natural ingredients magnificently contained in the products. It starts with cherry blossom, pony, lavender, menthe, rose, Shea butter, organic angelica, and verbena. The secret behind L’Occitane natural beauty is the 150 plants used in their formula and each has a specification of illustration and scientific name. Remember the story of Cleopatra and how beautiful she was in those times, when there was no biased-ness towards beauty products. She was completely evolved with natural beauty. And this brand reminds me of her, how one can get a beautiful no chemical originality in the skin. The French brand also did a complete justice to capture the entire segment whether it is hair care, home, skincare, men skincare, and scented candles.
With all my pleasure and constant usage of the product, I found the best 5 magical beauty products of L’Occitane
Divine cream: I have been so far using one of the best night creams and to be honest with you, I see little changes from time to time, but when I came across the divine cream, I felt the difference from day 1. It’s Awarded BEST ANTI-AGEING CREAM
– 2013 Harper’s Bazaar “Beauty Hot 100 list” and like the word says divine. It stands out completely on its word. Its works wonder on to the skin. The best part is, the lack of worries to get any kind of a reaction, it’s totally natural! woahaa Not only it smoothens the texture of the skin, it tones, firms and brightens the skin tone. The difference is visible from day 1. I have sincerely loved this product. It comes in a beautiful packaging. It’s like touching a water molecule gel.
My recommendation is 100 percent yes!
Shea butter Hand cream: Velvet is the first word comes to my mind, when I think about this product. An amazing hand cream and a correct value for money. It’s like the “Rolls Royce” of hand creams. It doesn’t only make your hands feel smooth, but also gives a hydration to your hands. Featuring 20 percent Shea butter in it, it works like a magic wand on your skin. Honey and almonds help and heal the dry and dehydrated hands. Whereas vitamin E nourishes the hands with its benefits.
“One cream sold in every 3 seconds” loving it since I tried it.
Repairing shampoo for dry & damaged hair: Busy life, stress, unhealthy eating, chemicals products, and hair styling tools leaves dry and damaged hair :(. The magic comes in a green bottle of purity and naturalness of ‘L’Occitane. The botanical beauty of ‘L’Occitane offers an astonishing repair shampoo , comprises of 5 essentials oils ylang-ylang, sweet orange, lavender, geranium, angelica helps repair the hair fibre. The silicon free formula smoothes the hair texture and nourishes it at the same time. The shine gives a smile to your hair!
Almond milk concentrate: Felicitated with 3 entries Rated BEST CELLULITE TREATMENT
– 2014 The Ultimate Natural Beauty Bible Voted BEST ANTI-AGEING BODY TREATMENT
– Beauty Bible 2011. The almond oil and almond milk based body cream is no 1 in the natural beauty bible. Leaves satin finish smooth skin and ideal for nourishment. The light creamy texture blends well in to the skin and allows it to glow from inside. No greasy residues, no oiliness and not much effort of applying. This flawless cream works well anytime of the season. The aroma leaves you refreshed every time
Spicy cinnamon none fragrance: The wonder-ness of this product comes in the beautiful glass gold bottle with a pear pump. This one product is a must have for home. The long lasting aroma of this product is incredible. The freshness of cinnamon and ginger stick reminds you of spa memories. One bottle goes more than 6 months. An ideal present and a just right creation to make your home more appraised.
Take your dive and get indulge with the botanical beauty of ‘L’Occitane for a clear radiant silky skin.
Difference visible from day 1
The day was going very busy as usual and I just sat to have my green tea, thinking about new ideas, and inspiration for the collection of ss14. After juggling in my thoughts and my so called lost world, suddenly, someone told me there is a parcel waiting downstairs for me. I went down to see, surprised, having remembered that I haven’t done any online shopping after the holidays. The moment I saw the parcel, it instantly lifted up my mood. A small gift set from none other than my all time favourite handmade cosmetic brand Lush was waiting for me, what a pleasant surprise! It was a beautiful box covered in a gift wrap and a yellow ribbon was just like icing on a cake! There was a letter inside it, ‘congratulations winning the shinny happy people gift set’. Without looking here and there, I started opening the things inside the box and taking a nice feel by it. It reminded me of my childhood days, how I used to get nicely dressed in my pink frock and just wait for the gifts, especially Barbie dolls, on my birthday’s. Those were the days.
There was a shower gel and soaps inside the box. After getting this amazing gift from Lush, I just couldn’t wait to finish my day and was enthusiastically looking forward for a nice evening pampering session. So yes, I delighted myself with the happy hippy shower gel, a mellow yellow gel gave me an instant boost and the grapefruit inside in it made me feel awake..lol then I cleansed with the body buffering soap, it felt like I am in wonderland. Later I used this amazingly awesome lemon and honey mixed yellow soap. Whatever tiredness I had just literally went away guys. It was so refreshing and fresh. IT WAS A WOW FEELING. I was waiting to have a relaxing evening like this from a long time. It all happens because of LUSH. My heartiest thanks to Elizabeth and the Lush team for making my day and evening so special. I definitely recommend the use of these products for a feeling refreshed pampering session after a hard working day.
Instead of continuously buying and trying expensive facial products, this week we have decided to try one of our DIY tips and share it with you!
2 tbspn crushed yellow lentils (dal)
1 tbspn sandalwood powder or 1 tbspn green tea powder
1 tbspn yogurt or milk
1 tbspn rose water or more; depending on the consistency
Mix everything well and store it in the fridge for 10 mins. Wash your face and pat dry. Apply the mix on a clean face and leave it on for 10 mins or until its 50% dried off. Damp your face with milk or water and scrub for 15 mins.
Best used a little cold. You could do this 2 times a week for clear and good looking skin!
TIP: Crush the lentils in a mixer into small granules. Do not make it into a smooth paste. Make sure the particles are small enough to be used as a scrub.
Miranda Kerr is glowing and her hair is simply stunning. Try our DIY Beauty: Hair mask tip to look fabulous!
2 tbspn yogurt
1 tbspn olive oil
Mix everything well and keep it in the fridge for 10 mins. Apply on the roots, length and tips of your hair and leave it on for an hour. Wash your hair with your normal shampoo and conditioner and apply a leave in.
You can also use flax seeds instead of an avocado.
Do it twice a week for smooth and shiny hair!
1. Wash your face with cold water as many times, preferably after every 2 hours. It helps flush out all the oils and dirt from the upper layer resulting in less chances of getting acne.
2. Drink a minimum of 2 liters of water.
3. Drink 2 cups of green tea.
4. Cleanse, tone and moisturize twice: day and night.
5. Wet face wipes are not such a good idea. Instead, use muslin cloth or cotton pads to clean your face.
6. Consume juicy fruits like orange, watermelon, grapes or drink 1 glass of mixed fruit juice every morning. Juice should be home made to work the magic for you.
7. Avoid eating oily or fried food. Eat boiled or food cooked in less oil. Salads are a must.
Add-on Tip: Use Vaseline ☺ Best product for lips and eye lashes. Don’t believe me? Try it out and let me know how it works for you!
1.When you start to wash your hair, rinse and massage your scalp under cold water for 2-3 minutes before applying Shampoo and Conditioner. This will help to remove all the grease from your scalp and stimulate blood flow as well. Massaging will remove the oils from the roots after which the treatments will work better and your hair will not get greasy very quickly.
2. A mixture of egg, yogurt and lemon juice, if applied once a week, will help strengthen your hair and make it look healthier and shinier. Also, a mixture of almond, coconut and olive oil deeply massaged for 45 minutes and left on for the day provides extra nourishment and is good if done twice a week.
3. For good looking hair, wash them twice a week only. More washing and more chemicals will help damage your hair. Let the oils do the magic for you.
4. It’s better to tie your hair most of the times as that helps in less hair fall. It is beneficial to tie your hair into a plait while you sleep as it helps hair grow faster.
5. Lastly, we’re sure all of you know, less chemicals and less heat = beautiful hair.
Stay tuned for more Quick Tips to make your life easier.
After having a choco-licious filled December, It’s time to detox and cleanse the system with fresh beauty. It’s the first weekend after the holidays…feel Wow!! So many new things to add to the to do list this…OMG! Exercise, follow a healthy diet, and be more disciplined are just the start for a healthy 2014. The best is yet to come☺
Yes 2014…We are prepared with our 5 magical best beauty brands for January and our Valentine month February.
Drinking water and following a good healthy diet allows us to discover beauty that glows from the inside, but there are some magical beauty products in the market, which are tried and tested, and can help us retain ourselves fresh, young and beautiful.
1: Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex: Presented with the Elle Beauty Awards 2013 and Red Magazine Reader Awards 2013. This is a miracle serum, which I have been constantly using for more than a year, it does have a WOW factor and I am truly in love with this product. It makes your skin look smooth, young, translucent, and radiant. It reduces the appearance of redness, wrinkles and fine lines. Skin looks healthier and fresh in the morning. It’s for all skin types and works for all ethnicities.
2: Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask: we all need hydration, especially during the winter. With the benefit of avocado oil and apricot kernel oil, it instantly provides moisture and hydration to the facial skin. It definitely does wonders: it tackles oily skin and it instantly lets off all the dryness and tension from your face. Apply it overnight or either apply it on one of your pampering days for 15-20 mins for instant hydration, rinse if off with fresh water. Feel the difference by yourself. A complete yes☺
3: Chanel Perfection Lumière Long Wear Flawless Fluid Makeup: My all time favourite foundation and so far haven’t seen anything that can beat my love for Chanel. As the name suggests, this is a perfect finish matt foundation, it controls every detail of a perfect complexion to offer a tailor made result. Its perfection glows every time, makes the skin looks natural and beautiful. This is the beauty and makeup artists no 1 foundation for all skin types, featuring universal shades. A light texture gives a perfect coverage for all types of imperfections. Works all day long☺ Don’t wait lovelies, go and get a perfect glow.
4. Garnier Skin Renew Anti-dark Circle Eye Roller: the 1st two in one eye roller care for and concealling dark circles. This miracle product not only conceals but also gives a cool and freshness to your eyes. It instantly rolls away dark circles and brighten the skin around your eyes. Its a must have beauty item of 2014. It brightens your eyes…brightens your day☺
5. Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal: continuously winning the best hair oil 3 years in a row, this product has all the benefits from strengthening to providing nutrition to the hair. It’s a lightweight product and helps to speed up drying time. Enriched with protein and argan oil, it works well for dry, frizzy, damaged and fine hair. It also helps prevent damage from heat styling and harsh environmental conditions☺
We are bringing to you a quick and easy tip to strengthen your hair, make it look shiny and healthy and also help cure the dryness of the scalp.
Fresh/Organic coconut milk
And that’s it!
Skin type: Oily Skin; can be used by other skin types as well
Fuller’s Earth powder ( Also known as Multaani Mitti )
Neem leaves paste/ Neem Oil
Tea Tree Oil
Skin type: All